Make This the Year You Start Snacking Smarter
If you love to snack, make this the year that you begin to snack smarter and your figure, overall health and dental health and even your mood can benefit.
- Snack more slowly and make sure you allocate at least 10 minutes to savouring your snack without any distractions.
- Snack at the right time, ideally between 12 PM and 5 PM when you are less likely to binge. Also, snacking at this time helps to reduce the risk of choosing unhealthy snacks.
- Snack on baked foods, not fried. Just about anything can be baked, including fruits and vegetables, without the addition of unhealthy oils.
- Snack on healthy foods and make sure you bring healthy snacks to the office, such as fresh fruit and cheese that is ready to eat.
- Snack on dairy products that are sugar-free and which contain lots of calcium and protein that is great for dental health.
- Snack on high-fibre foods and especially if you have a sedentary job. Fruits and vegetables are naturally high in fibre, and other good sources include wholegrain bread and bran.
- Snack on real foods, not beverages as it surprising how many calories are found in smoothies and juices. Also, these drinks are unlikely to keep you satisfied for long, leaving you needing another snack.